Stylish and compact plugin for displaying SmugMug images in a sidebar, post, or page.
The Alpine PhotoTile for SmugMug is capable of retrieving photos from a particular SmugMug user or gallery. The photos can be linked to the your SmugMug page, a specific URL, or to a Lightbox slideshow. Also, the Shortcode Generator makes it easy to insert the widget into posts without learning any of the code. This lightweight but powerful widget takes advantage of WordPress’s built in JQuery scripts to create a sleek presentation that I hope you will like. A full description and demonstration is available at the Alpine Press.
- Display SmugMug images in a sidebar, post, or page
- Multiple styles to allow for customization
- Lighbox feature for interactive slideshow (Fancybox, prettyBox, or ColorBox)
- Simple instructions
- Widget & shortcode options
- Feed caching/storage for improved page loading
Quick Start Guide:
- After installing the plugin on your WordPress site, make sure it is activated by logging into your admin area and going to Plugins in the left menu.
- To add the plugin to a sidebar, go to Appearance->Widgets in the left menu.
- Find the rectangle labeled Alpine PhotoTile for SmugMug. Click and drag the rectangle to one of the sidebar containers on the right.
- Once you drop the rectangle in a sidebar area, it should open to reveal a menu of options. The only required information for the plugin to work is SmugMug Username. Enter this username and click save in the right bottom corner of the menu.
- Open another page/window in your web browser and navigate to your WordPress site to see how the sidebar looks with the Alpine PhotoTile for SmugMug included.
- Play around with the various styles and options to find what works best for your site.
Requires: 2.8 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.5